(Last updated September 2020)
This website is owned and operated by Standby RSG UK Limited.
Address: 19 Hollies Business Park, Hollies Park Road, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 1DB.
Telephone: 01543 438800 Fax: 01543 438801 Email: email@example.com
- All orders for goods purchased from Standby RSG UK Limited are accepted subject to these terms and conditions of sale which supersede any other terms and conditions previously published. These terms and conditions and any contract between Standby RSG UK Limited and the Customer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any disputes between us will be resolved exclusively in the English Courts.
- Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be effective when posted on this website (see date at the top of page) and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to determine the suitability of the goods for any application. There is no guarantee as to the goods suitability for any specific purpose even if that purpose is known to Standby RSG UK Limited.
- All descriptions and illustrations contained on the website or any published promotional materials produced by Standby RSG UK Limited are correct at the time of publication. E&OE.
- Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right, without prior notice, to discontinue any Goods or to make design changes as part of our policy of continuous improvement, or to assist availability.
- Standby RSG UK Limited shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused either directly or indirectly by the goods or by any act for omission in connection therewith.
- If the exchange rate varies by so much that when buying goods originated outside the UK means that Standby RSG would have to sell the goods on at a loss Standby RSG reserves the right not to supply these goods without prejudice to either party even if the associated price list, quote or tender is still technically valid. Also, conversely Standby RSG accepts their client will have rights where exchange variation means it is not profitable for them to trade with affected goods.
- All orders made through the website are subject to acceptance by Standby RSG UK Limited.
- Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to decline to trade with any person or organisation. In addition, and not withstanding any other provisions of these conditions of sale, Standby RSG may decline to accept any order. In the event that Standby RSG UK Limited declines to accept an order in respect of which payment has been received, the full amount of such payment will be refunded (including any delivery charges).
- Website orders to be charged to a Credit Account held by a customer with Standby RSG UK Limited will only be accepted with an official purchase order number.
- After submitting an order to us, we will send you an order acknowledgement email with your order details. Please note that this email is an acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on receipt of delivery to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (see our Returns Policy).
- When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
- For certain goods, information concerning stock availability is not available on this website. If you order goods which are not available from stock, we will contact you by email or telephone to discuss how you wish to proceed. You will have the option to wait until the goods are available from stock, or cancel your order in accordance with our returns policy.
- Written confirmation of website orders must be clearly marked as such. In the event of order duplication through failure to clearly endorse the confirmation, the customer will be liable for the full invoice value of the duplicated order. Such duplicated deliveries will only be accepted for credit subject to a 20% handling charge, and must be returned to us carriage paid and in original packaging.
- In the event of cancellation of part of an order, Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to invoice for any difference between discount offered on the original quantity ordered and the actual quantity taken plus any appropriate restocking charge depending upon the circumstances surrounding the cancellation. Noting it is the policy of Standby RSG to apply ‘goodwill’ wherever possible and in the interest of maintaining good, long term customer relations will not normally make this charge. Orders where specific custom-built goods have been ordered for Customer requirements (schedule and non-stock items) cannot be cancelled.
- Notwithstanding delivery and passing of the risk, legal and beneficial ownership of the goods shall remain in Standby RSG UK Limited until full payment for the goods has been made. Until ownership passes, the Purchaser shall hold the goods as bailee for Standby RSG UK Limited and must keep the goods free from any change lien or other encumbrance. If the Purchaser purports to sell the goods before payment is made to Standby RSG UK Limited, the proceeds of the sale shall belong to Standby RSG UK Limited until payment in full is received. Where such goods are used, even with loss of identity, the legal ownership to the resultant product shall vest in Standby RSG UK Limited and any proceeds of sale in respect of goods unused or resultant products shall be received by the Purchaser as agents for Standby RSG UK Limited and on their account.
Emergency Services Products
Only customers who have registered and been approved by Standby RSG are able to purchase Emergency Services (Blue Light) products.
Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to request confirmation of your authorisation via the online form for the purchase of warning products for the Emergency Services (i.e. blue light equipment).
Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to refuse any orders placed for the purchase of Emergency Services products.
Once you have been confirmed as being eligible to order Emergency Services products, we will not require confirmation on any further orders that you make.
- All prices and charges shown are in UK Pounds sterling and are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged at the rate applicable at the time of despatch, and delivery charges. Standby RSG UK Limited reserves the right to amend prices without prior notice.
- While every endeavour is made to ensure that all prices and descriptions shown on the website are accurate, errors may occur. If any errors are found, RSG Engineering Limited will inform the customer as soon as possible and give the option of reconfirming the order at the correct price/description, or cancelling the order.
- Orders will usually be processed and despatched, when in stock, within 48 hours of receipt of order.
- Lightbars and other products that are built to order or require modification will usually be despatched within 10 working days.
- If the order is urgent, please contact our Sales Department on 01543 438800 who will advise an estimated delivery time.
- All orders weighing over 10kg may incur an additional delivery charge, our sales department will provide a quotation.
Standard delivery charges and times apply to the Mainland UK only (excluding Highlands & Islands).
Standard delivery charges are:
Standard delivery is next day, but not guaranteed, from date of despatch.
For urgent requirements we are able to offer the following guaranteed next day services, for goods up to 10kg in weight and under £500:
- Delivery before 9.00am next working day, £37.50
- Delivery before 10.30am next working day, £32.50
- Delivery before 12.00 noon next working day, £22.50
- Saturday AM delivery, £32.50
We will be pleased to discuss alternative offerings and competitive prices on special deliveries at the customers request and to suit their specific requirements. Please contact our sales department on 01543 438800 for details.
- For destinations outside Mainland UK carriage is charged at cost. Please contact our sales department on 01543 438800 for details.
- Every effort is made to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Standby RSG UK Limited shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. Standby RSG UK Limited accepts no responsibility for late delivery by any carrier.
- The risk of damage to or loss of goods shall pass to the Purchaser when goods are delivered.
- Standby RSG UK Limited must be notified of any damage to, or shortage of, goods as soon as possible and within 5 working days of delivery. Standby RSG UK Limited will not accept any claims for damage or shortages which are not notified within this timescale.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return website offered goods within 14 days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone to obtain a returns reference number. Always quote the returns reference number and original order number. You must return the items within 14 days of contacting us. Your refund will be paid within 14 days of receipt of the goods. You (the buyer) are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or miss-described.
Any goods should be in a saleable condition and be returned with the original box, packing and accessories. Software must be sealed. Any 'Free Gifts' received with the product must also be returned.
This policy applies to stock items, the only exception to this policy is for personalised products or products made to your specific requirements.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
- For goods that personalised or made to your specific requirements or being returned after 28 days please contact us on 01543 438800 for more information.
- In the event of any need to return goods, a Returns Number must be obtained by calling 01543 438800. This Returns Number along with the original order number must be clearly identified upon any paperwork returned with the goods.
Standby RSG UK Limited warrants the goods and services it provides against defects in material and workmanship, providing that the product has been installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. This warranty is between Standby RSG UK Limited and the original Purchaser of the goods, and is subject to the following exceptions:
- Where the product has been incorrectly used or installed, unless the installation was by one of Standby RSG UK Limited’s engineers
- Where the product has been altered or modified without the prior agreement of Standby RSG UK Limited
- Where the product has been abused, or poorly maintained, including lack of maintenance as described in service manuals
- Where excessive voltages have been used
- Where the product is defective due to accidental damage
- Reasonable wear and tear that does not affect functionality
- Standby RSG UK Limited will not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, including those resulting from removal or installation of the product
- Warranty is NOT valid if any product is opened or tampered with without prior permission from Standby RSG UK Limited
In the event of any need to return faulty goods, a Customer Non-Conformance (CNC) Number must be obtained by calling 01543 438800. This number must be clearly identified upon any paperwork returned with the goods. The serial number of the item must be provided, along with a brief explanation of the fault. Goods must be returned to Standby RSG UK Limited securely packaged as damages in transit are not covered by the warranty.
During the warranty period, Standby RSG UK Limited will repair, or replace if unable to repair, any goods that are found to be defective. Standby RSG will return the repaired/replaced unit to the Customer.